After more than 5 years of research and development we came to the point where we think MPS can be used outside of JetBrains. We decided to release MPS Beta. Most of its source is released as open source under Apache 2.0. License. You can read more in our new official blog here. You can download it here
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on December 10, 2008
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on August 12, 2008
We have released a new build. Among the new features:
- Improved editor usability. For example, binary operator editing is much more text-like.
- VCS integration (MPS-aware history, diff, merge etc)
- DSL for generatorSessionContext
- Ability to use nlist in scopes and generators
You can download it from http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/MPS/JetBrains+MPS+Download+Page
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on July 4, 2008
We released a new build. The most important changes:
- Behavior and constraints aspects are separated
- Editor language was refactored. We have a system which is similar to CSS
- Base language editor improvements. Now it behaves more similar to its IntelliJ IDEA’s counterpart
- Plugin language is better integrated with IDEA platform
You can download it from here
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on June 7, 2008
We’ve released a new MPS build. The main change is transition to IntelliJ IDEA platform: framework for creating IDEs
You can download it from here
There is no MPS plugin for IDEA which enables to work with Java and MPS from the same IDE but we have plans to create one.
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on May 8, 2008
MPS build #607 is out. As usual you can download it from here
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on April 25, 2008
We released a new build. New features:
- improved model properties dialog (automatic import of models/languages on module level)
- devkits refactored
- simplification of classpaths in modules
- auto resolver
- unit test runner
- todo view and todo highlighting in mps
- icons in plugin actions
As usual you can download it from here
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on April 21, 2008
We have created a new screencast about MPS. This time it’s about a simple BaseLanguage extension. In it we not only show language extension but the features which are inaccessible in programming languages with metaprogramming support: custom type system and data flow analysis. You can watch it here
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on April 14, 2008
We’ve create a screencast on which you can see how to create a simple language in JetBrains MPS. You can find it here
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on April 11, 2008
MPS build #531 is out.
Among new features and improvements:
- Improved entering of code. Intelligent input mechanism is more intelligent. For example, it’s possible to enter System.out. without pressing control+space. When you press ” you will have a string where you can start typing just like in IntelliJ IDEA
- Improved data flow language. All the baseLanguage constructs are checked with it.
- Extract method refactoring (you can activate it in baseLanguage extensions from popup menu or with control+alt+M) shorctut.
As usual, you can download it from: http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/MPS/JetBrains+MPS+Download+Page
Posted by Konstantin Solomatov on April 10, 2008
One of our EAP users, Tracy Snell have update “Getting started” how to to the current state of MPS. You can find it here. We weren’t updating it because now we have better examples and screencasts which cover MPS’s features more thoroughly but anyway this example can be useful if you want to create simple working language in a short period of time.